Traduire/Traducir

Friday, May 17

Introduction & Internship


Hey everyone,

I am trying to do a better job of staying connected with all my friends and family while also attending to my own obligations so I figured a blog would be a good answer to keep everyone updated with my activities and experiences while I am completing my internship abroad in Paris, France. 

Since I haven't gone into much detail about what it is that I will be doing, I will explain all that here. The first 2 weeks are immersion French, and then I will work with underprivileged children in the 18th arrondissement in an immigrant area called Goutte d'Or. I’ll be working in an NGO in a program that does tutoring, after school sports and other activities. Here is a link to the site in French and if any of you use Google+ you can translate the pages into English if I’m not mistaken.
http://www.egdo.fr/

I will be working with children and youth aged 6 to 16 with a variety of roles and responsibilities ranging from assistance and supervision of/with activities and schoolwork with the kids to participation and management of such activities and sports workshops working 6-8 hrs a day. I will be more thoroughly briefed during my formal meeting with management upon my arrival into France. I will be in France, and hopefully around many of the other surrounding areas, until July 27th, which means I arrive back in the States the 28th. I leave tomorrow and arrive in De Gaulle Sunday morning. I am still not quite sure if this means that it will be morning in France and very early here or morning here and afternoon there. Anyhow, there will be periodic updates so subscribe and stay posted on my Euro-ventures!

My next post will be up sometime early next week and feel free to leave comments and suggestions on areas of my trips or work experience about which any of you would like to see more information. Thanks!

Until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment